Have we sparked your
interest in a new home?
Would you like to get more detailed information?
No questions should go unanswered – here you will find answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs).
Our team of consultants is also available to answer any questions you may have.
We have been building houses and apartments in the best locations for over 50 years - and we leave nothing to chance. From the purchase of the property, through the planning, construction and completion to financial advice, our long-standing employees coordinate every step so that our customers don't have to worry about a thing. Not even about on-site building supervision or time-consuming visits to the authorities.
Current projects are listed on our website under the categories apartments, houses and villas. You can use the search function to filter all projects according to important criteria such as location, size, etc. If you have not found a suitable project among the current ones, we will be happy to inform you of other projects currently in the planning stage on request.
We are happy to put you in touch with our partner banks and independent financial advisors.
A property management company is always commissioned in residential construction and in house construction from two units, if it is a condominium community, and is responsible for the settlement of operating costs and the creation of reserves. Other tasks include collecting and paying taxes, monitoring the condition of the building, supervising house cleaning, representing the owners' association externally, e.g. in dealing with the authorities, convening owners' meetings at least every two years and keeping the owners up-to-date.
One of the owners must agree to act as addressee for any invoices and then charge the running costs on to the other owners.
A communal area of a property is intended for general use, e.g. staircase, corridor, façade, lift, access road or the communal garden. If there are no regulations in place for their use, every apartment owner has the equal right to use these communal areas.
The Vienna Tree Protection Act [Wiener Baumschutzgesetz] stipulates that felled trees need to be replaced. An official notice indicates the trees that need to be planted. The responsible department is MA 42. Glorit handles these matters directly.
Our service is a decisive guarantee of quality. This means that, as a general contractor, we take care of all aspects of construction and official processing, from individual consultation and planning through to completion, and coordinate all tradesmen's work.
In addition to the expertise of our employees, long-term partnerships are the foundation for the highest construction quality and reliability.
Glorit has been awarded the following quality seals and quality standards, among others:
• 6 x Top Developer (2017-2023)
• Golden seal of quality from Bauherrenhilfe
• 3 x „Austria’s Best Managed Company“ Award (2021-2023)
• „Austria’s Leading Companies“ Award (2022)
• Seal of approval from Leitbetriebe Austria (2023)
• 2x Immy Award (2022-2023)
• Market leader for prefabricated houses in Vienna (Interconnection-Studie 2021)
• 1st place among prefabricated house companies in Austria
• KSV1870 credit rating label
And something else speaks undeniably for Glorit: over 12,000 satisfied customers.
Depending on the construction phase, you can influence many aspects of your new home together with our team of architects. Our competent and qualified employees will be happy to advise you and look forward to meeting you in person.
A low-energy house may have a maximum heating requirement (HWB) of 50 kWh per m² per year. All Glorit properties fall well below this value.
The following criteria also characterize a low-energy house:
• Very good thermal insulation of the building envelope
• Avoidance of thermal bridges
• Standard-compliant airtightness
• Thermal insulation glazing
• Efficient building services
An energy certificate is issued for all Glorit houses and apartments, which is handed over when the contract is signed. This is comparable to the type certificate of a car. The energy certificate contains the technical characteristics of the house. We ensure that your new home is energy-optimized right from the planning stage. This protects the environment and saves energy costs in the long term.
The following key figures are shown on the energy performance certificate:
- The energy rating indicates the thermal quality of your house’s building envelope. It shows how many kWh (kilowatt hours) are needed per square metre of space each year. If you know the price per kWh, you can easily calculate your annual energy costs.
- The heating energy requirement refers to the expected amount of energy needed for heating. This depends on individual user behaviour, of course.
- The climate data depends on the location of your house. Long-term average values are used to calculate how many days per year heating is required on average.
- The heating load indicates the output your boiler should have. So that the available energy can be used optimally.
- The transmission heat loss indicates how much energy is dispersed to the outside. Every house loses energy through its building envelope, such as windows, ceilings, etc.
- The ventilation loss refers to the energy required to reheat the air indoors after airing.
- Internal gains are the total amount of the heat given off by people and appliances inside the house.
- The sun’s rays shining in through glazed surfaces also contributes to energy gains. This converted heat is defined with the value "solar gains".
- The U-value describes the heat transfer per square metre between inside and outside.
Glorit houses are manufactured in accordance with ÖNORM B 2320. This standard states that a service life of at least 100 years can be expected if the house is properly maintained and used for its intended purpose. By the way, the oldest timber-framed house in Germany dates back to 1596 and is located in Dirmstein.
The timber frame construction method achieves the same insulation values as solid houses with a thinner wall thickness. In this way, up to 10 m² more living space can be generated in a detached house with the same floor plan and the available building land can be optimally utilized. Other advantages include more precise and faster construction. Of course, we also build solid houses on request.
A cement screed, such as the one used at Glorit, offers better impact sound, better mechanical stability and is also more moisture-resistant than a dry screed due to its mass. The concrete screed is also ideal for underfloor heating, which is included in the standard scope of services for our house projects. The concrete screed is laid in the basement as well as on the ground and upper floors.
Our partner, the Austrian family business Hrachowina, has been committed to manufacturing high-quality windows and doors for generations. The aluminum surface of a wood-aluminum window on the outside is very weather-resistant and maintenance-free. In addition, the aluminum coating opens up a wide range of colors, which are also UV-resistant. The high-quality timber interior conveys exclusive living. Compared to PVC-U, timber has a much higher quality of living and stability. All windows are fitted with well-insulating triple glazing with a Ug value of 0.6 W/m²K.
Our partner, Kalzip, is one of the leading suppliers of aluminum roofs. Thanks to the special design, any moisture that infiltrates can be safely drained away via a rear ventilation level. Aluminum is also corrosion-resistant, which is why the roof is maintenance-free and durable. This will also please the next generation.
Without exception, we hand over our apartments ready for you to move in. All you really need are your keys. Done.
In our house projects, the basement is already included as standard - with very few exceptions where, for example, the groundwater level argues against it.
The following services are included in the "Ready for finishing plus" version:
Even though this equipment comes as standard with us, it offers far more than a standard design. The following services are included in the "Ready for finishing plus" version:
- Handling all matters with the authorities
- All connection services and fees (gas, water, electricity, sewer, telephone)
- Heating with modern Stiebel Eltron air-water heat pump
- Underfloor heating on all floors incl. cellar
- Cement screed on all floors to improve sound insulation
- Wood/aluminium windows with triple insulating glazing from Austrian brand manufacturer
- High-quality aluminium front door with a patented EVVA locking system
- Interior carpenter-made wooden staircase
- Walls and ceilings filled and painted (incl. cellar)
- Garden terrace (without surfacing) and outside water connection
- Garden fences, driveway and walkway paving (depending on planning)
The "turnkey" version means "ready to move in" and additionally includes:
- Washroom fixtures and fittings from Villeroy & Boch and hansgrohe
- Comfortable electric towel radiators in the bathroom
- Interior doors (incl. cellar)
- Tiles (incl. cellar)
- Noble real wood parquet flooring
- Entrance stairs with granite flooring
- Garden terrace with granite or porcelain stoneware tile surfacing
The features used in a cellar built with prefabricated reinforced concrete depend on the desired design:
- Ready for finishing plus: Cement screed, flush-mounted heating and electrical installations, and smooth wall and ceiling surfaces
- Turnkey also includes: Walls and ceilings ready
The heating system used in our apartments depends on the project and the current state-of-the-art standard.
For the respective heating system, please refer to the project description.
We fit our houses with comfortable underfloor heating in all rooms, including the cellar, supplied by a modern and super-quiet air-source heat pump from Stiebel Eltron. Conversely, in the summer you can cool rooms down by up to approx. 3°C with this system.
Alongside mechanical security systems such as locks, security bars, security doors and the like, alarm systems are the best protection against unwanted visitors. If required, we can create an individual security concept for you. Our partner, the company Liebert, offers optimal security concepts with devices from Visonic.
If required, an air conditioning system can increase living comfort by reducing the temperature and humidity. The partner company Heinisch installs equipment from General (Fujitsu-Siemens), one of the largest manufacturers of air conditioning technology.
When you purchase a property, you acquire both the land (and/or the building right) and the building itself from a single source. Glorit is a property developer and is subject to the Property Developer Contract Act [Bauträgervertragsgesetz, BTVG]. Under the Austrian Civil Code [Allgemeines Bürgerliches Gesetzbuch, ABGB] property developers are required to provide a three-year warranty for defects (from the time of handover). For you, this means that for three years from the time you take possession of your home, any defects that come to light after this date and are due to faulty construction work must be fixed by Glorit. Other benefits of buying directly from the developer are that there will be no VAT and no broker fees.
The Property Developer Contract Act is designed to protect the customer. Payments will only be released by a trustee once the specific milestone in the construction project has been reached. The customer will be entered in the land registry as soon as the purchase price has been secured. Section 10 of the Property Developer Contract Act stipulates that the agreed price is to be paid in instalments, "each of which becomes due only after completion of the construction stages specified in para. 2":
- 10% when construction work begins following receipt of final planning permission
- 30% on completion of the shell and the roof
- 20% on completion of the basic installation work
- 12% on completion of the façade and windows, including their glazing
- 17% when the property is ready to be occupied or at the time of premature handover of the actual object of the contract, if so agreed
- 11% upon completion of the entire project and handover of the apartment.
Generally speaking, payments can only be released by the trustee once it has been confirmed that a specific stage of construction has been reached. Confirmation of said progress is provided by the customer or a state-accredited civil engineer for construction. The trustee will only transfer the part payment to Glorit once they have received this confirmation. The trust account is secured by the Vienna Bar Association [Rechtsanwaltskammer Wien, RAK]. This system provides double safety for the customer.
Glorit already owns or has the right to build on the respective plots of land for all the projects on offer. This ensures the project can be realised securely and reliably. The land is handed over unencumbered. The trustee is responsible for ensuring the contract is carried out and the new owners are entered in the land registry.
In Austria, a building right is the right to erect a building on – or under the surface of – land belonging to a third party. It is regulated in the Building Law Act 1912 [Baurechtsgesetz, BauRG]. A building right is an inheritable and alienable right in rem. The term of a building right for Glorit projects is generally 100 years and can be extended with the consent of the landowner. The fee payable for the right is to be paid directly to the landowner.
It is generally possible to extend the building right and must be agreed directly with the landowner.
No. This is because the heir, the buyer etc. enters into the existing contractual relationship with all rights and obligations.
A building right is registered in the land registry as a separate building right entry and constitutes a right in rem (i.e. this right can be asserted against anyone). This enables you to become the owner of a house without acquiring the land on which it is built.
A Superädifikat is a building on another person’s land which, in the eyes of the legislator, is not intended to remain on the land permanently. Such a building is not entered in the land registry.
The following fees are payable:
- 3.5% land transfer tax
- 1.1% registration fee (land registry)
- 1.5% contract preparation fee (excl. VAT)
- Certification fees and cash expenses (individual)
It is necessary to have ownership of an apartment established both in the case of owner-owned land and building right land if there are more than two dwellings recorded in one land register entry number so that a buyer receives a fully comprehensive right concerning the residential property they have purchased. The land register shares are calculated by a civil engineer using utility values. This involves reconciling the ratio of the shares owned by the individual co-owners, something which is also relevant when it comes to sharing running costs or determining the voting rights of the individual apartment owners.
Under Austrian property law, an easement is a limited right in rem to use another person’s property. Examples include pathways, water and electrical lines or chimney sweep ladders that are on the property of one party but may be used by all parties.
People are generally permitted to erect a fence around their properties in accordance with the legal provisions regarding height and appearance.